Messe München and VDMA, together with the construction trade associations HDB, ZDB and bbs, are awarding the prize for the thirteenth time. The competition was launched last year with the new categories of climate protection and digitalisation, and the categories of mechanical engineering, construction and research are back in the running.
Trade press can cast their votes
Trade press visitors to the Media Dialogue on 21 and 22 June in Munich will have the opportunity to cast their votes online from 8 to 13 September, which will be included in the overall evaluation. All nominees will be presented on the eve of bauma, on October 23, 2022, in the Max Joseph Hall in the Munich Residence, and the five innovations with the highest number of points will be awarded the prize.
Multilayered evaluation criteria
The jury evaluates the entries based on criteria that are significant for the industry and its future. These include how practice-oriented a solution is or what economic potential it offers. Increasing digitalisation plays just as much a role as environmental protection aspects, sustainability, resource efficiency or the humanisation of the workplace.
The following entries have been nominated for the bauma Innovation Award 2022:
Category 1 Climate protection
• The Benninghoven REVOC System - Catalyst for asphalt mixing plants, BENNINGHOVEN - Branch of Wirtgen Mineral Technologies GmbH
• Minus CO2 -building materials - renewable, better, economical, carbonauten GmbH
• Hydrogen-powered excavator, Liebherr France SAS
Category 2 Digitalisation
• Haptic collision avoidance, Bosch Rexroth AG
• One common digital language for construction sites, MiC 4.0 Machines in Construction
• MESH Technology, Mesh AG
Category 3 Mechanical engineering
• Ammann 3D Compactor eAPX 68/95, Ammann Verdichtung GmbH
• Built Robotics Exosystem™, Built Robotics Inc.
• Continuous advance, Herrenknecht AG
Category 4 Building
• Process tracking system b.navigate, BAUER Spezialtiefbau GmbH
• TSB - Transport System Bögl – rethinking local transport, Max Bögl
• CPC – Carbon Pre-stressed Concrete, Holcim (Deutschland) GmbH
Category 5 Research
• ROBETON, Individualized Production, RWTH Aachen University
• Site Execution System, TU Dresden - Institute for Mechatronic Engineering
• Deep Sea Sampling, Freiberg University of Mining and Technology Mechanical Engineering Institute
The competition is a joint project under the auspices of the VDMA Construction – Equipment and Plant Engineering, Messe München, the Federation of the German Construction Industry (HDB), the German Construction Confederation (ZDB) and the German Building Materials Association (bbs).
VDMA e. V.
Lyoner Str. 18
60528 Frankfurt am Main/Germany
+49 69 6603 1257