In 2018 the Dres. Edith and Klaus Dyckerhoff-Stiftung will be presenting the 6th Klaus Dyckerhoff Prize. The prize is awarded for pioneering contributions to research on hydraulic binders, their applications or their manufacturing processes.
It honors single persons or research groups from European universities or European research institutes, who have recently published a distinguished scientific paper which
- fundamentally broadens the knowledge on hydraulic binders,
- clears the way for new applications of hydraulic binders, or
- significantly improves manufacturing processes of hydraulic binders.
The paper must have been published in 2016 or 2017 in an internationally recognized scientific journal, preferably peer-reviewed. Abstracts of conference talks are not admissible.
The prize criteria include the paper´s originality, innovative power and methodological rigor, as well as its expected impact on cement-based constructions, no matter which academic qualifications the authors/candidates have. A sum of 30,000 euros has been allocated to this biennially awarded prize. The prize sum can be split if the prize jury decides on this.
Applicants are invited to apply directly for themselves, but should attach a letter of support from a third person. Moreover, it is also possible to nominate a candidate. Nominations or letters of support may be made by the holders of relevant chairs in European universities (construction engineering, architecture, material sciences), or the directors of research institutes of the European construction and building materials industry.
The awardee will be selected by the foundation´s prize jury, which is composed of internationally renowned scientists and representatives of the European cement industry. The jury´s decision is final.
Please nominate or apply until 1st May 2018 with the following documents:
- a single scientific publication on hydraulic binders, that has been published in 2016 or 2017;
- a letter of support (or equivalently a nomination letter) that values the validity and originality of the submitted publication and the reputation of the publishing journal;
- a short list of the author´s (for groups: the first author´s) most relevant scientific achievements;
- if single persons are nominated or apply: a scientific CV;
- if research groups are nominated or apply: a short description of the group and how it is embedded in the academic world.
Applications or nominations should be submitted in English or German electronically (either per e-mail or as a download facility) to:
Jury of the Dres. Edith und Klaus Dyckerhoff-Foundation, c/o Verein Deutscher Zementwerke e.V., Tannenstr. 2, 40476 Duesseldorf, Germany, email@example.com, www.klaus-dyckerhoff-prize.org.
All documents should be provided as PDF files.
The prize will probably be awarded at the 8th VDZ Congress, 26th to 28th September in Duesseldorf, Germany.
Verein Deutscher Zementwerke e. V.
Dr. Martin Schneider
+49 211 4578-201